Your Ticket, 5-Ticket Package, or Festival Pass allows you to watch a film at any time during its time slot, which can be found on the interactive Festival Calendar. Once you begin to watch, you will have 48 hours in which to complete viewing the film.
Streaming is the technology that allows you to watch a film on your computer, tablet, phone, or television. It is similar to watching content on Netflix, Hulu, or HBO. This allows you to watch a film at any time during the period when it is shown.
- Visit our website at https://sacjewishfilmfest.org/
- Click Login/Register at the top right corner of your screen
- Once you log scroll down to the button that says “Fulfill Package” (See image below)
- This will give you the option of choosing your 5 films
- For each film you choose you will receive an email for that specific film. You can now watch your film by clicking the “View on Virtual Festival” button on the e-mail. You will be watching on a portal, not on the website.
If you follow these instructions and everything works, enjoy watching your films.
If you have purchased a 5-Ticket Pass but have not yet selected or watched any films, follow these instructions:
Step 1: Go to the festival website (sacjewishfilmfest.org) and log in to your account
Select the Login/Register button at the upper right-hand corner of the page
Log in using the e-mail address and password you used when registering
Step 2: Select Fulfill Later
When you have logged in, the system knows that you have purchased a 5-Ticket Package and will take you to a page where you can select films to watch.
Click the “Fulfill Later” button.
Note: If you want to select all of your films at once, select the “Fulfill Package” button.
Step 3: Fulfill Package
The system will take you to the Account Overview page.
Click the “Fulfill Package” button.
Step 4: Select Films to Watch
You will now be presented with a list of all of the films available during the festival. Scroll down to see all of the available films.
Select the film you would like to watch by clicking the “Get Tickets” button underneath the film you want to watch.
Note: that short films will also be shown, but they are free, so only select feature films.
Step 5: Select Number of Tickets Desired
Click the up arrow to increase the number of tickets to “1”, then click the “Add to Cart” button.
Step 6: Checkout and Complete Purchase
You’re now ready to complete the process. Don’t worry that the counter has returned to “0”.
Click the green “Checkout” button.
Click the blue “Complete Fulfillment” button.
Step 7: Watch the Film
You will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address you used when registering for the festival.
Click on the “View on Virtual Festival” button.
Please note that the e-mail also contains a 9-digit code you will need to enter in the Elevent app if you are streaming to a TV.
When you purchase a Festival Pass, a Festival Family Pass, or redeem a pass earned through a donation, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to your portal. Save that e-mail, as you will be able to use that link to take you to your portal to watch a film. Please note, that you will need to login to the site to access your personal portal.
Yes. Just login to your festival account and go back to the page for that movie. It will keep track of which films you have purchased, and where you were when you stopped. You will have up to 48 hours to finish watching a film from when you started watching.
Due to requirements from filmmakers and producers, each film is only available for viewing during a specific period of time.
- The schedule of film availability is provided on the Festival Calendar,
- Films are available from 12:00 am on the start date to 11:59 pm on the end date,
- You must finish watching a film within 48 hours after you first pressed the Play button to watch the film.
Due to requirements from filmmakers and distributors, the viewing of some SJFF films will be restricted to certain geographic areas. Restrictions vary by film and are shown on the detail page for each film. Here is some more information about these restrictions:
- If nothing is listed, this film has no geographic restrictions,
- Films listed as restricted to California are viewable anywhere in the state,
- Films listed as restricted to northern California are available in the following counties:
- California – El Dorado, Sacramento, Stanislaus, Calaveras, Placer, San Joaquin, Butte, Yuba, Nevada, Yolo, Solano, and Amador
- Nevada – Douglas County, Washoe County, Carson City
We are proud to be part of a large film festival community and to adhere to restrictions that help assure that other virtual film festivals across the country and abroad can also show films, without having their attendance compromised.
Summary of Geographical Restrictions
Some filmmakers put restrictions on the geographic areas where their films may be watched. The following is a list of the films falling within each category. For a definition of the counties comprising the Bay Area, please see the question “Can I view films from anywhere/What is geo-blocking”.
No Geographic Restrictions
- All short films
- After Munich
- Code Name: Ayalon
- Land of Milk and Funny
- Maverick Modigliani
- The One and Only Miss America
- The Spy Behind Home Plate
Available in All of California and Northern Nevada
- A Call to Spy
- A Common Goal
- Four Mothers
- It Must Schwing!: The Blue Note Story
- The Rabbi from Hezbollah
- Surviving the Silence
Available in Northern California, Excluding the Bay Area
- A Starry Sky Above the Roman Ghetto
- About A Teacher
- The Crossing
- Here We Are
- The Interpreter
- Kiss Me Before It Blows Up
- Midnight Orchestra
- Tango Shalom
- When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit
Yes. There are buttons on either side of the Play button to allow you to move the film forward and backward by 10 seconds at a time. You can press the button as many times as you like. You can also pause a film by pressing the pause button (the play button turns into a pause button after you press play.
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari.
No. You don’t need to download an application to watch on your computer, tablet, or phone. You may need to download an application if you want to watch on a television. Please see How to Watch on TV under the FAQs tab.
Three live events are available to anyone:
- Opening ceremony (3/3/21)
- Havdalah ceremony (3/6/21),
- Closing ceremony (3/24/21)
However, you will need to register in advance on the festival site to participate.
The remaining live events are associated with specific films. You need to buy a ticket for the film to participate in the live event associated with that film.
Yes. All live events are free. However, some events require pre-registration and others require the purchase of a ticket for the film associated with the event.
This information will be provided prior to the beginning of the festival.